Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Florian Hussonnois <fh...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/04 21:16:26 UTC

Brokers / Best practices to set log.flush.interval.*

Hi all,

I would like to know how to configure the following paramaters :

log.flush.interval.messages
log.flush.interval.ms
log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms

The Kafka 0.8.X documentation indicates it is not recommanded to set these
parameters as this can have major impact on performance.

But since Kafka 0.9.x, 0.10.x this cautions are not any more indicated.

In addition, the linkedin's configuration which is given on the Apache
Kafka website is :
log.flush.interval.ms=10000
log.flush.interval.messages=20000
log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms=2000

When do we need to set these parameters ? What can be the impact if we use
the default setting with a large memory (page-cache) ?

Florian