Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org> on 2017/07/05 11:42:46 UTC

FW: Tika content detection and crawled "remote" content

Dominik,
  Thanks to Sebastian and CommonCrawl, this means that we can now have far better precision and recall in selecting only MSOffice docs for our regression tests!!!

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
> The initial intention is, of course, to help to improve the MIME detection in Tika core.
Absolutely agree.

> Yes, you'll get few 10,000 more (MS)Office documents thanks to Tika:

           Tika-1.15                       HTTP-Content-Type
  12520    application/x-tika-msoffice     application/octet-stream
   6681    application/x-tika-ooxml        application/octet-stream
   3793    application/x-tika-msoffice     text/plain

Agreed, as I look at the numbers they aren't huge, but the improvement for our test corpus development is fantastic.  Even a few thousand extra docx, for example, will help.

My guess is that the x-tika-ooxml and x-tika-msoffice are truncated files.  Common Crawl is truncating at 1MB, right?

Again, WOW!!!  Thank you!!!

Cheers,

          Tim
Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.