Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matthias Baumann <mb...@webware-experts.de> on 2006/05/22 08:43:44 UTC

[Fwd: Deadlock when I use ClearCacheAction with cocoon 2.1.9]

Hi,
I have to complete my described scenario.
In my case I call not direct clearcache.html.

In my root sitemap , all request are piped in:

<map:match pattern="**">
                            <map:aggregate element="site">
                                <map:part src="cocoon://content/{1}"
strip-root="true"/>
                            </map:aggregate>
                            <map:transform type="xalan"
src="portlet-fake/stylesheets/portlet-fake2html.xsl">
                                <map:parameter name="contextpath"
value="{request:contextPath}"/>
                                <map:parameter name="lang"
value="{../language}"/>
                            </map:transform>
                            <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

If I call ../content/clearcache.html the deadloock does not occur!
Only when the clearcach.htm ist aggregated, the deadlock will occurs on
every call.

The dead WebContainer-Thread is waiting on line 188 in
AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline !

best regards matthias

Hi all,

When I try to use :

sitemap.xmap

<map:actions>
  <map:action name="clear-cache" logger="sitemap.action.clear-cache"
       src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.ClearCacheAction"/>
</map:actions>

and
..
<map:match pattern="clearcache.html">
  <map:act type="clear-cache">
     <map:generate src="status" type="status"/>
     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

When I request the clearcache.html, I get no response from Browser.

I run cocoon 2.1.9 on IBM WebSphere 6.0.27.
After calling blocked request i can find waiting synchronize lock in WebContainerTread.
I think it is a Bug in cocoon 2.1.9 -> in 2.18 i can not find a synchroinze block in AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline,
and cocoon 2.1.8 works very well.

Any Idea?

regards matthias