Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Argyn Kuketayev <Ar...@plateau.com> on 2002/05/15 21:14:56 UTC

iPlanet + Cocoon: did anybody try?

I must test my reporting module written with Cocoon on jBoss/Tomcat,
iPlanet, IBM WAS, BEA WLS.

My main concern is iPlanet, since I'm more or less confident about others.
Did any body deploy real-life Cocoon apps in iPlanet 6.5? Need resources.

Argyn

RE: iPlanet + Cocoon: did anybody try?

Posted by Artur Bialecki <ar...@digitalfairway.com>.
I've been runnig Cocoon 1.8.x on iAS 6.0 through 6.5 for last
couple of years. I'm currently porting our stuff to Cocoon 2.0.2
which will run on iPlanet 6.5.

I haven't worked much with Weblogic and Websphere but for large
applications both iPlanet and JBoss are f'ed up in their own
unique way. With JBoss you at least have the code,
with iPlanet you're very lucky if your bug gets fixed within 8 months.
iPlanet breaks J2EE in several palces so be ready to
wrtie workarounds. I don't know about 6.5 but previous version
used some hacked version of Tomcat for the servlet container.

Artur...

Posted by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com>.