Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/21 09:20:33 UTC

Re: Authentication & Authorization across wsBinding & java Implementation - was : Using security policies in the Bigbank scenario

Hi,

With r650032, I have committed some simple additions to support the model
and StaX processor for the bunch of policy assertions specified in section
1.7.3-Implementation-Security-Policy of the PolicyFwk Specs.

I'd wish to optimize this a bit and cut down on some classes in the future.
As a start for this here is a question related to the specs and hope
somebody is able to help me with some clarity...

- Do we need three assertions viz. permitAll, denyAll, allow.  Why not just
the one as follows: -
    <allow roles="listOfNCNames"  permitAll="xs:boolean"/>

So if permitAll is 'true' then all roles is permitted.  If it is false then
only those roles in the 'roles' attribute is permitted.   If it is false and
there aren't any roles specified then it is equivalent to 'denyAll'.

Thanks

- Venkat

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Anyway, I checked in the updated model and processors under
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=650652&view=rev. The processors can handle
both syntax. Please see the ProcessorTestCase.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Greg Dritschler <gr...@gmail.com>.