Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Ankur Jain <aj...@quadanalytix.com> on 2016/04/13 10:47:13 UTC

Apache phoenix support for HBase 1.2

HI All,

Is there any plans to support for HBase 1.2 over phoenix.

I did tried forking phoenix 4.7-HBase-1.1 and changed the dependencies to HBase 1.2. The source code is not in compilable state when dependencies are upgraded to Hbase1.2. So I assume that Hbase 1.2 is not supported out of box.

I have made necessary changes in my branch to make source code compilable and most of the test cases are working except for PointInTimeQueryIT test, that I am looking into. Can you please guide me how to create a new branch 4.7-HBase-1.2 and raise a pull request for the same.

We are using CDH distribution of hadoop and have a support from the cloudera for the same. But sadly cloudera do not support phoenix yet. We were able to use phoenix-4.5.1 with CDH 5.2 but when we upgraded to CDH 5.6\5.7 we are not able to use phoenix, even the latest 4.7-HBase-1.1. I am also working on to support phoenix over CDH. Is it a possibility that this work can be accepted by the community. The reason of asking that we would like other CDH users to reuse this work. Moreover we do not want to have a parallel custom branch of open source project in our repository and build over it in isolation.

One thing that I noticed while developing is that findbugs is not enabled on phoenix builds. I could see around 150 findbugs in phoenix-core itself and many of then are quite legitimate.

Thanks,
Ankur Jain

Re: Apache phoenix support for HBase 1.2

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Yes, we're working on HBase 1.2 support - there's a patch over
on PHOENIX-2833. Please feel free to comment. We're trying to get our 1.1
branch to work with HBase 1.1 and 1.2.

Regarding the lack of support in CDH for Phoenix, please let Cloudera know
you need this. FYI, HDP does have support.

We're definitely open to contributions - appreciate your efforts here.

Thanks,
James