Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/30 19:27:12 UTC

How to submit code improvement/suggestions

My apologies if this sounds like a silly question but for this project, how
do I go about submitting code suggestions/improvements? They aren't
necessarily bugs as such but rather just cleaning up some perceived
strangeness (or even suggesting a package change). Would I need to create a
JIRA ticket and submit a patch?
Thanks
Amit

Re: How to submit code improvement/suggestions

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Also see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Eric Pugh <epugh@opensourceconnections.com
> wrote:

> Yup!
>
> One thing though is that if you see some big changes you want to make, you
> should probably join the solr-dev list and broach the topic there first to
> make sure you are headed on the right path.  The committers typically don't
> want to introduce change for change's sake, but cleanup and better code docs
> is always welcome on open source projects, and a great way to learn the code
> and the community.
>
> Eric
>

> On Apr 30, 2009, at 1:27 PM, Amit Nithian wrote:
>
>  My apologies if this sounds like a silly question but for this project,
>> how
>> do I go about submitting code suggestions/improvements? They aren't
>> necessarily bugs as such but rather just cleaning up some perceived
>> strangeness (or even suggesting a package change). Would I need to create
>> JIRA ticket and submit a patch?
>> Thanks
>> Amit

> Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
> http://www.opensourceconnections.com
> Free/Busy: http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: How to submit code improvement/suggestions

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Yup!