Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Scott Powell <sp...@hertz.com> on 2001/01/10 22:40:13 UTC

apache-api/7055: CERR 14 Cannot open STDIN

>Number:         7055
>Category:       apache-api
>Synopsis:       CERR 14 Cannot open STDIN
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
My webpage uses METHOD= POST to send a value to a CGI client program. The
client program uses the value to determine a program/report to run on a remote
HP system via an SQL database. The derived information from the database is
passed via a socket call to a predetermined remote HP. The program is executed
and the results sent from the server back to the client. The buffer is formatted
with html and sent back to the webpage. The client program works when executed
from the POSIX(Unix) shell. When the CGI(Client) program is invoked from the
webpage, the CERR 14 results.
>How-To-Repeat:
I can send the program, webpage, etc. via attachments if necessary.
>Fix:
I have called Hewlett Packard and I am working with a technician. The suspicion
is that the problem may be a combination of running Apache on a 5.5 O.S in
an aatempt to use sockets. I have written other CGI programs(thatdo not use
SQL and sockets) that work OK.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]