Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com> on 2007/01/27 23:20:48 UTC

Product Warranty Administration

Hi all -

  Are there any structures in place to track product warranty? I can't see anything  but I'm not sure I know what to be looking for.

  Thanks
  Rick

Re: Product Warranty Administration

Posted by Richard Fleming <ri...@thebva.com>.
Thanks Jacques and David -

  First off, let me say thank you! for all of your efforts in this project! Because of you guys(and I mean everyone involved), I'm 98% closer to where I need to be overnight.

  Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be modeling a NARDA form (North America Retail Dealers Association) warranty form which is standard for the industry. All It will take is a couple of form widgets and a couple of services. It can easily be modified to allow counter entry(pos), phone entry and Web entry. We'll need to generate an extended warranty contract# and store it in association with the invoice or service ticket so very little data modeling will need to be done.

  I'm so Jazzed! (Utah pun intended).

  Rick

"David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:

Do mean to track actual warranty terms and claims and such?

We don't really have anything custom for that. The inventory model
does support serialized inventory. There are some structures for
maintenance but they are meant for asset management stuff. We also
have things to track requests, communications, tasks, events, etc.
These could tie into a warranty management app, but you would have to
extend the data model a bit and of course create the services and UI
you need.

-David

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.