Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2011/10/13 09:18:22 UTC

JS 2.2.2: access jetspeed javascript engine

Hi,

in my custom portal I use the global "jetspeed" javascript variable to
get information from jetspeed. For example:

-> jetspeed.page.isUA() ==> to check if user is logged in
-> jetspeed.page.name ==> to get the current page name
-> jetspeed.page.getPortletArray() ==> to get the available portlets

Is there a possibility to do this in jetui?

best regards,

Frank

Re: JS 2.2.2: access jetspeed javascript engine

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Frank Otto <ot...@delta-barth.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in my custom portal I use the global "jetspeed" javascript variable to get
> information from jetspeed. For example:
>
> -> jetspeed.page.isUA() ==> to check if user is logged in
> -> jetspeed.page.name ==> to get the current page name
> -> jetspeed.page.getPortletArray() ==> to get the available portlets
>
> Is there a possibility to do this in jetui?

Probably not.
The rendering engine is still server side with Jetui, whereas the
Desktop was 100% rendering in the client
So you are not going to see the rich set of javascript apis, but there
are a fair number of Rest apis now available for page and layout
manipulation

The functions provided in Jetui client side are all
customization-oriented: addPortlet, removePortlet, movePortlet,
attachPortlet, detachPortlet
 A lot of work went into the Desktop. Jetui development only spanned a
few months in 2010. We have a good foundation, but there is still a
lot of catchup to do, most notably with client side rendering and rich
client side apis

We did add a set of new Rest apis of with the 2.2.1 release

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/guide-rest-api.html