Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by reza x <re...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/19 08:47:24 UTC

combining coocon with my web application

hi all.
I am going to combine cocoon with my current framework and web application.I don't want use the WAR file which is ready in cocoon distribution.
how can i do this combination?
the only need i want to meet by cocoon is to give it an XSL file and an input xml file and generate some html and pdf format outputs.please guide me how can i do this.

thanks alot for your attention.
Best Regard.

Re: combining coocon with my web application

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
reza x wrote:

> hi all.
> I am going to combine cocoon with my current framework and web
> application.I don't want use the WAR file which is ready in cocoon
> distribution.
> how can i do this combination?

This might be an area where "if you have to ask, I don't recommend you
try" might apply.

> the only need i want to meet by cocoon is to give it an XSL file and
> an input xml file and generate some html and pdf format outputs.please
> guide me how can i do this.

You don't need Cocoon for this.  Just read the fop or itext docs, and a
general book on java and xml.  You could steal some xsl from Cocoon and
Forrest if it helps.

Geoff