Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Purdy <rd...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/03 23:52:49 UTC

Which caches should use the solr.FastLRUCache

Hey there,

Anyone got any advice on which caches (filterCache, queryResultCache,
documentCache, fieldValueCache) should be implemented using the
solr.FastLRUCache in solr 1.4 and what are the pros & cons
vs the solr.LRUCache.

Thanks Robert.

Re: Which caches should use the solr.FastLRUCache

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Robert Purdy <rd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the Good information :) Well I haven't had any evictions in any of
> the caches in years, but the hit ratio is 0.51 in queryResultCache, 0.77 in
> documentCache, 1.00 in the fieldValueCache, and 0.99 in the filterCache. So
> in your opinion should the documentCache and queryResultCache use the old
> way on a single CPU quad core machine?
>
> Also right now I have all caches using the solr.FastLRUCache (tried with
> both the cleanupThread = false or true) and I have noticed some queries that
> are taking 53 ms on a freshly warmed new searcher (when nothing else is
> querying the slave), but when the slave is busy the same query, that should
> be using the caches, is sometimes taking 8 secs? Any thoughts?

This overhead may not be because of the cache itself. Some queries are
definitely missing the cache and they are likely to take time.  if
cleanupThread=true, then no eviction should take more time

Posted by Robert Purdy <rd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.