Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/15 09:31:43 UTC

Admin Console - Log Manager functionality

Hi,

After I have started Geronimo Server, I opened Admin Console -> Server Logs
portlet and changed the Config File from var/log/server-log4j.properties to
a different file.  But, once I restart Geronimo, this change is lost.  Is
there a problem in log manager or is it the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
Vamsi

Re: Admin Console - Log Manager functionality

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Sure.  It may be worth noting whether you see any change in
var/config/config.xml after you make the change in the console (or, I
guess, after you shut down after making the change in the console).
To try to determinine if we're writing to config.xml but ignoring the
setting there, or if we're just never writing the change to config.xml
at all.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.