Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Gregory Weinger <gw...@mii.ucla.edu> on 2004/12/17 23:21:12 UTC

Does jUDDI-managed connection pool still work?

Hi,

I want to use the jUDDI-managed connection pool, but I can't seem to get
it to work.  I've followed the instructions on the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/ws/Deploy_20jUDDI_20without_20using_20a_20JNDI_20DataSource)
to no avail.  Is the internal connection pool still supported?   I've
noticed that happyjuddi.jsp only reports if a JNDI connection is
available, but I can't vouch for the internals.

Can someone please verify if it still works, and if so suggest what I'm
doing wrong?

WHAT I DID
----------------------------
I uncommented and added the following in juddi.properties.  This
configuration works when I use JNDI.    I am using JDK 1.4.2 and Tomcat
5.5.4 and jUDDI  0.94c3 (though I tried a recent CVS drop too).

juddi.useConnectionPool=true
juddi.jdbcDriver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
juddi.jdbcURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/juddi?autoReconnect=true
juddi.jdbcUser=juddi
juddi.jdbcPassword=juddi
juddi.jdbcMaxActive=10
juddi.jdbcMaxIdle=10

Thanks so much for your help.

Greg Weinger
UCLA Medical Imaging Informatics
http://www.mii.ucla.edu/dataserver/

Re: Does jUDDI-managed connection pool still work?

Posted by Gregory Weinger <gw...@mii.ucla.edu>.
Whoops, sorry, that posting was premature.  Verbose output in the
juddi.log revealed that it wasn't finding the driver; this was because
there was an extra space after it in the config file :-p

But at least I can affirm to the list that the embedded connection pool
does in fact still work!  And that happyjuddi.jsp won't report this
correctly.  You have to run an outside client to test it  (such as that
java uddibrowser, which is fantastic).

--Greg