Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Dietmar Winkler, T-AU" <Di...@tecan.com> on 2005/01/11 15:48:35 UTC

FileAppender

Hello everybody,
I have a problem with my file appender (using the actual version from CVS)

I want to control where the log file is created by using a self-written
function and the following entry in the config-file:
(got this info from an entry in a mailing list)

<file type="log4net.Util.PatternString">
  <converter>
    <name value="folder" />
    <type
value="TestConsoleApp.SpecialFolderPatternConverter,TestConsoleApp" />
  </converter>
  <conversionPattern value="%folder{MyMusic}\log-file.txt" />
</file>

(of course I have such a function in my TestConsoleApp, but this is not the
problem)
Problem: log4net says that there is no property "converter" nor an
"AddConverter" function in the "PatternString" class (which is right).

 What can I do to achieve this functionality?
(or what do I wrong?)

Best regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dietmar Winkler
Software Engineer
Tecan Austria GmbH
Untersbergstr. 1a, 5082 Grödig, Austria
T +43 6246 8933 167, F +43 6246 8933 6167
mailto:dietmar.winkler@tecan.com, www.tecan.com
This message is intended for the named addressee(s) only. It may contain
privileged and confidential information. Any disclosure, copying or
distribution of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are
not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify us
immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.