Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Tyson Norris <tn...@adobe.com.INVALID> on 2019/11/07 14:34:22 UTC

ContainerPool buffering changes

Hi –
I have a long outstanding PR to change buffer processing at ContainerPool https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4593
The background is that in cases where container scheduling fails, we should not immediately retry scheduling, but rather wait for a resource-affecting event to occur, and then retry. With the previous impl, we saw cases where scheduling would get into a tight loop and crash the invoker.

Please let me know if you have any concerns?

Thanks
Tyson

Re: ContainerPool buffering changes

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.