Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/26 09:11:02 UTC

Slack digest for #dev - 2019-10-26

2019-10-25 23:22:16 UTC - Ali Ahmed: Yong on the mailing list has verified github actions is working from forked repo
```
Hi all,

The GitHub Actions works well on the public repo. Also can verify the pull request from the fork.

To test the Github Actions, I create a public repo and use an account without the GitHub Actions
service to create a pull request. The GitHub Actions working well.
I think we can consider moving a part of the CI from Jenkins to the GitHub Actions.
```
----
2019-10-25 23:57:11 UTC - Ali Ahmed: @Matteo Merli @Ivan Kelly @Sijie Guo
am experimenting with reducing build time and making python3 the default runtime
have had success.

```
docker run -it apachepulsar/pulsar /bin/bash
root@0176f600aa9c:/pulsar# python -V
Python 3.7.3
root@0176f600aa9c:/pulsar# pip -V
pip 19.3.1 from /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/pip (python 3.7)
```
Standalone is still an issue
```
docker run -it apachepulsar/pulsar-standalone /bin/bash
root@2e25ef5dae99:/# docker images
bash: docker: command not found
root@2e25ef5dae99:/# python -V
Python 2.7.13
root@2e25ef5dae99:/# pip -V
pip 9.0.1 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7)
root@2e25ef5dae99:/#
```

since it add django and postgres packages, I need help in moving them to python3
----