Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 20:06:25 UTC

How to correctly remove defective/scrapped pieces from inventory in OFBiz?

Does anyone know if and how OFBiz accounts for removing
bad/defective/scrapped pieces from inventory?  I know that there is a
scrapFactor field in the BOM editor but this seems to just be an
estimate of what's left over of the BOM element once associated with its
parent.  I need to be able scrap the entire part from inventory after
determined bad by an inspection dept after a production run. I thought
about creating a Scrap facility or something where the inventory could
be transferred but this seems incorrect.  I'm also not sure how it
should be handled on the accounting side.

Re: How to correctly remove defective/scrapped pieces from inventory in OFBiz?

Posted by Christian Carlow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Pierre,

Seems to be exactly what I was looking for.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Christian,