Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2004/11/23 23:28:09 UTC

Working with SEDA

The Maven build structure could definitely be improved, but I do have some
questions about getting up to speed.  When I build SEDA through Maven,
things build OK even though some of the tests fail.  However, when I use
the IDEA project file generated by Maven I can't build anything.  It
complains
about not finding the org.apache.common.codec.* packages.  Now it appears
that that is in Snickers?

Lastly, there are two SEDA items: one in branches and one in trunk.  Which
is the one being used right now?

If it is the one in trunk then I have issues with my whole build
environment.
If we have a step by step process, that would make it a bit easier.

--

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
                - Rich Cook

Re: Working with SEDA

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

>>The Maven build structure could definitely be improved, but I do have some
>>questions about getting up to speed.  When I build SEDA through Maven,
>>things build OK even though some of the tests fail.  However, when I use
>>the IDEA project file generated by Maven I can't build anything.  It
>>complains
>>about not finding the org.apache.common.codec.* packages.  Now it appears
>>that that is in Snickers?
>>

>It is because Sinckers has the same groupId with SEDA.  You'll have to
>check out an appropriate project and add it as a module.  Actually I
>don't use IDEA now, so I don't remember clear.  Alex, am I right?

Yeah its a bug says Brett in the Idea plugin which is being worked out.
Basically the idea plugin presumes that every maven module that is in
the same group ID will be an idea module.  So it creates a dependency on
the Idea module presuming it will be added as a module to the Idea
project and not on the the jar artifact in the local maven repository.

This really bites but I've been waiting for the idea plugin to be fixed
rather than veering away from the correct structure.  I think patches
have been applied to the plugin for this.  I'll have to check.

Alex

Re: Help IDEs ignore items that are not tests

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Good. I'll apply the patch. :)

http://gleamynode.net/

Help IDEs ignore items that are not tests

Re: Working with SEDA

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

>>The Maven build structure could definitely be improved, but I do have some
>>questions about getting up to speed.  When I build SEDA through Maven,
>>things build OK even though some of the tests fail.  However, when I use
>>the IDEA project file generated by Maven I can't build anything.  It
>>complains
>>about not finding the org.apache.common.codec.* packages.  Now it appears
>>that that is in Snickers?
>>

>It is because Sinckers has the same groupId with SEDA.  You'll have to
>check out an appropriate project and add it as a module.  Actually I
>don't use IDEA now, so I don't remember clear.  Alex, am I right?

I got IDEA working properly.

>BTW, does test fail?  Could you tell me which test fails?

All the tests that do network connections--but the reason is my
environment.  I
just realized last night that I firewall my machine, and I haven't
opened up any
unknown ports (i.e. only web related ports are open).

I'll have to open up a port just to make the tests pass.

>>Lastly, there are two SEDA items: one in branches and one in trunk.  Which
>>is the one being used right now?
>>

>Trunk.  That branch will be deleted and a new branch will be created
>for refactoring.

OK.

Re: Working with SEDA

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.