Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org> on 2016/08/15 21:48:56 UTC

Towards jclouds 2.0

Hi!

We're close to complete the feature set we wanted for jclouds 2.0.
There are just a few things left, and I'd like to try to coordinate
some efforts so we can release it as soon as possible :)

This is list of things that are currently in progress:

* The GSoC project to allow to configure custom hardware values in
providers that support it will be completed this week.
* The Azure ARM provider is almost done. The only remaining thing is
the cleanup of the sotrage account once the las VM or image is
deleted. @ritah, could you help with this?
* The Docker provider should be promoted to master. I'll take this.
* The Guava 20 compatibility issue [1]. Gaul, which is the status of this issue?

As you can see, we're very close to have our initial wish list complete.
Apart from this, it would be great if we could start live testing the
providers, and fix the tests before we start the formal release
process. I think it would be great to release jclouds 2.0 early in
September, but that means we'll need some hands to help with the
testing and fixes.

I'll take care of running (and fixing!) the live tests in:
* DigitalOcean (already started [2]).
* Google Compute Engine
* ProfitBricks

Does anyone volunteer to take care of some provider? It would be great
if we could coordinate efforts with this!

Cheers!

I.

[1] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/982
[2] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/994

Re: Towards jclouds 2.0

Posted by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com>.
I can take care of SoftLayer

Re: Towards jclouds 2.0

Posted by Josef Cacek <jc...@redhat.com>.

Re: Towards jclouds 2.0

Posted by Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
I will at least look at the openstack ones. I know there are tests there that need fixing/refactoring. Some problems, too.
-Zack