Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Axel Bock <ne...@the-me.de> on 2004/09/28 18:08:08 UTC

NoClassDefFound: Software, part II (sorry ...)

Hi again,

just to be sure I did the complete installation (tomcat & axis), and I still
get this error when I try to create a WSDL from a Java class. This time I used
Axis 1.2beta for testing whether this might actually help ... .

My environment looks as follows:

CLASSPATH=.;C:\Programme\J2EE_SDK\jdk\lib\tools.jar // qt removed from that
JAVA_HOME=C:\Programme\J2EE_SDK\jdk

AXIS_HOME=C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\Axis1.2b
AXIS_LIB=%AXIS_HOME%\lib
AXISCLASSPATH=%AXIS_LIB%\axis.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\commons-discovery.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\commons-logging.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\jaxrpc.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\saaj.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\log4j-1.2.8.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\xml-apis.jar;
..%AXIS_LIB%\xercesImpl.jar
..%AXIS_LIB%\wsdl4j.jar (without these ".." of course :)

TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Programme\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0
CATALINA_HOME=%TOMCAT_HOME%

I have copied the JAF framework into %TOMCAT_HOME%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\lib.
I have copied the xerces parser files (taken from tomcat) in the same
directory, as well as in %AXIS_LIB%. (if it's needed - why doesn't the doc
mention it?)

I have also searched *EVERY* .jar file for something called "Software", AND I
have searched the JDK tree as well as the tomcat/axis tree for a *file* having
the string "software" in its name. Nada.

Tomcat _seems_ to run fine, at least I get no errors, and the
axis-happiness-page only complains about optional components (mail,
attachments) missing.

The code of my - very, very simple - web service is attached. When I try to
create a WSDL file from the Java code (as described here:
http://java2simple.blog-city.com/read/162200.htm) with the command:

	java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH% -cp %CLASSPATH% \
		org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL \
		-o wstest.wsdl  \
		-l http://localhost:8080/axis/services/wstest \
		-n urn:wstest -p"wstest" \
		wstest.WsTest

... I get my beloved error:

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Software

I don't know what to do. Really. I am sorry to post this message again, but
this time I thought I might include every detail, so someone more experienced
might spot instantly what I'm doing wrong   :-)) .

Well. Thanks in advance anyways, greetings & ciao,

Axel.

----------- code -----------

IWsTest.java:

package wstest;
public interface IWsTest {
	public String sayHello(String Hello);
}

WsTest.java:

package wstest;
public class WsTest implements IWsTest {
	public String sayHello(String Hello)
	{
		return "";
	}
}

Re: NoClassDefFound: Software, part II (sorry ...)

Posted by "Brian H. Ward" <gl...@gmail.com>.
Try 'java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH%;%CLASSPATH% ....'