Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by hash naama <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2013/07/18 20:34:29 UTC

LOST DOCUMENT in OO.o

G.Lauder & B.Barker,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. My writingwas a shot in the dark, and I appreciate your help.
I have saved a copy of the OO.o document. Ctrl + Zdoes not do anything. As I mentioned, I was removingborders from my document. I had highlighted the whole document by 'select All' in File (inside my document.)My next step was to reduce the number of words per line.I do not know if either of my steps were done.
Somehow, maybe I accidentally touched a key, I lost the document. The closest keys to my resting hands would be the bottom row on my keyboard...(left) Fn/Ctrl/MS/Alt/Pagewith lines and curser, and (right) Alt Gr/MS/Ctrl. I did not delete,and I had been saving regularly (floppy disk on top bar).
I had no backup or restore points set up. Yes, I said I am a novice, so you have permission to use 'expletives removed'.
I am using Vista premium.
Please help if you can. A friend said there is a software which can be purchased or downloaded which will retrieve all files lost,but I would not know where to start.
Many thanks,Naama

Re: LOST DOCUMENT in OO.o

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:34:29 +0000
hash naama <ha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> G.Lauder & B.Barker,
> Thank you so much for your prompt reply. My writingwas a shot in the dark, and I appreciate your help.
> I have saved a copy of the OO.o document. Ctrl + Zdoes not do anything. As I mentioned, I was removingborders from my document. I had highlighted the whole document by 'select All' in File (inside my document.)My next step was to reduce the number of words per line.I do not know if either of my steps were done.
> Somehow, maybe I accidentally touched a key, I lost the document. The closest keys to my resting hands would be the bottom row on my keyboard...(left) Fn/Ctrl/MS/Alt/Pagewith lines and curser, and (right) Alt Gr/MS/Ctrl. I did not delete,and I had been saving regularly (floppy disk on top bar).
> I had no backup or restore points set up. Yes, I said I am a novice, so you have permission to use 'expletives removed'.
> I am using Vista premium.
> Please help if you can. A friend said there is a software which can be purchased or downloaded which will retrieve all files lost,but I would not know where to start.
> Many thanks,Naama
Use Google or some other search engine to look for an Undelete utility and see if this can find an earlier copy of your saved file.

If everything was selected everything would be replaced by the next key pressed, which might explain why everything vanished.

The more you use your computer in the meantime the less the chances of you finding a copy of the file in question.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>