Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 11:03:04 UTC

Effects for Skin

Hi to all,
I've seen the GUI of PlayStation 3, and i think it's very interesting:
dark, minimal, using many transparencies and with animations (ok,
maybe all this consuming a lot of GPU processing power).

The Glow / Halo effect on labels is subtle but effective, and also the
animated background ...

Ok, this is a question of taste, i know ... but with Pivot (current
version, or the future 2.0), would it be possible to write a skin like
this or something is missing ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Effects for Skin

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok, great !!

Thanks for the info.

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Effects for Skin

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Nothing missing - this is definitely possible using our current APIs.