Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "White, Ben" <be...@hp.com> on 2011/06/21 11:25:31 UTC

POI software for x86 and x64

We currently use POI 3.0.1 and are upgrading our server architecture platform from x86 to x64.  We would like to upgrade our version of POI to most stable version of POI which is POI 3.7.  Does this version of POI execute on a 64-bit architecture and do I need another version of the software or will this version work on both a 32-bit and 64-bit architecture?

I reviewed the release notes for POI 3.7 and read through the FAQ before submitting this question.

Thank You in advance for any assistance!

Re: POI software for x86 and x64

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM, White, Ben <be...@hp.com> wrote:
> We currently use POI 3.0.1 and are upgrading our server architecture platform from x86 to x64.  We would like to upgrade our version of POI to most stable version of POI which is POI 3.7.  Does this version of POI execute on a 64-bit architecture and do I need another version of the software or will this version work on both a 32-bit and 64-bit architecture?

POI should work fine on both  x86 and x64 architectures. It is a pure
Java library and it does not use any platform- or
architecture-specific features.

Our production runs on SunOS with 64-bit amd64 and POI works like a charm.

Yegor