Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michele Gherlone <mi...@liceoberchet.it> on 2005/07/22 01:52:48 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_dir & DirectoryIndex under Apache 2.0.54

Hello all!
I am runnig Apache 2.0.54 with the httpd.conf I attach
below. I have 2 name based virtual hosts, the main of
which (www.liceoberchet.it) serves both static and dynamic
content under mod_perl and Mason.
My question to the list is WHY I can't get mod_dir working
with my STATIC content: only a req to
http://www.liceoberchet.it gets slashed and redirected to
http://www.liceoberchet.it/index.html, but NO dirs under
the DocumentRoot are correctly redirected, nor are any
index.html? seen.
My $ENV{SOFTWARE}:
Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.4.0
mod_apreq2-20050712/2.1.2-dev mod_perl/2.0.1 Perl/v5.8.7
Please see attachment for complete httpd.conf.
Here I paste only the relevant parts:
NameVirtualHost 192.168.2.12
DocumentRoot "/usr/apache/hp"
<Directory />
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<VirtualHost 192.168.2.12>
  ServerName www.liceoberchet.it
  <Directory "/usr/apache/hp">
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride All
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>
  <Directory ~ "circolari|ricerche">
     #PerlTypeHandler +Apache::MIMEMagic
     AddType application/x-gzip .wmz .emz
  </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.2.12>
  ServerName www.presentepassato.it
  DocumentRoot "/usr/apache/presentepassato"
  CustomLog /usr/apache/logs/pp_log combined
  <Directory "/usr/apache/presentepassato">
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm
     Options FollowSymLinks
     AllowOverride All
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
  </Directory>
  Alias /pp_analizer/ "/usr/apache/htdocs/pp_analizer/"
     <Directory "/usr/apache/htdocs/pp_analizer">
         Options FollowSymlinks
         AllowOverride None
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
TIA very much! I tried it all with config, and I'm really
stuck.
P.S.: I underline that it's my static content, not the
modperl stuff that doesn't work. I've searched through all
mailing lists and bgus report, but so far found no such
severe misbehaviour of mod_dir!!
Michele