Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Gang Zhang <gz...@Access4Less.net> on 2003/02/05 04:44:38 UTC

Tomcat ajp13 connector: ajp14 extension how to force apache to do login

Hi:

  I read the ajp faq and noticed that the ajp13 extension allows login to be
performed between apache/IIS and tomcat.  However it was hard for me to find
any information about how to set the password information for apache side.

  I read the java side of the connector, Seems that for tomcat 3.3, the
adaptor do set  the negotion handler, and for tomcat4, I need to add the
negotion handler by myself to the code.  So is the extension already been
done or it is still in its proposal period?

 Thanks
 Gang

Re: Tomcat ajp13 connector: ajp14 extension how to force apache to do login

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Gang Zhang wrote:
> Hi:
>
>   I read the ajp faq and noticed that the ajp13 extension allows login to be
> performed between apache/IIS and tomcat.  However it was hard for me to find
> any information about how to set the password information for apache side.
>
>   I read the java side of the connector, Seems that for tomcat 3.3, the
> adaptor do set  the negotion handler, and for tomcat4, I need to add the
> negotion handler by myself to the code.  So is the extension already been
> done or it is still in its proposal period?

Something to be added in both jk/jk2 .... A little latter....