Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2007/08/21 01:39:22 UTC

Tapestry 4 or 5?

Hi,

I'm new to Tapestry, I'm learning now Tapestry 4 for a coming project. I'd
like to know if Tapestry 5 is ready? which route should I take, Tapestry 4
or 5 to develop the new project?  Thanks.

A.C.

Re: Tapestry 4 or 5?

Posted by Robin Helgelin <lo...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, 蝈蝈龙 <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is just when we'll get a released tp5 :)

There are atleast 5 releases of T5 already. :-)

--
        regards,
        Robin

Re: Tapestry 4 or 5?

Posted by 蝈蝈龙 <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry 4 or 5?

Posted by Konstantin Ignatyev <kg...@yahoo.com>.
I hope T5 will add Ajax support ASAP!

Lack of Ajax support in T5 turned me to Wicket - and
from programming perspective Wicket's approach to ajax
( adding target components to the ajax targets in the
action) seems to be very intuitive and convenient.

Do not like polluted session in Wicket though...

wrote:

> In my humble opinion go for 5, its stable enough for
> most projects now.
> Tapestry 5 addresses many shortcomings of 4, it
> feels more natural to
> develop with whereas Tapestry 4 may feel
> unconventional at first, so
> possibly a bit more difficult to learn than 5. The
> only benefit I can
> think of going for 4 is if you need to use the
> asynchronous stuff, then
> again this will probably be added in 5 shortly.
>
> Peter
>
> Angelo Chen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to Tapestry, I'm learning now Tapestry 4
> for a coming project. I'd
> > like to know if Tapestry 5 is ready? which route
> should I take, Tapestry 4
> > or 5 to develop the new project?  Thanks.
> >
> > A.C.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@tapestry.apache.org

Konstantin Ignatyev

PS: If this is a typical day on planet earth, humans will add fifteen million tons of carbon to the atmosphere, destroy 115 square miles of tropical rainforest, create seventy-two miles of desert, eliminate between forty to one hundred species, erode seventy-one million tons of topsoil, add 2,700 tons of CFCs to the stratosphere, and increase their population by 263,000

Bowers, C.A.  The Culture of Denial:  Why the Environmental Movement Needs a Strategy for Reforming Universities and Public Schools.  New York:  State University of New York Press, 1997: (4) (5) (p.206)

Re: Tapestry 4 or 5?

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com>.