Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <ka...@HumanInference.com> on 2014/11/25 21:23:25 UTC

When does a graduated podling stop reporting to Incubator?

Hi all,

I am working on the graduation process of Apache MetaModel and am wondering what this means [1]:

  *   After your project has finished reporting to the Incubator, then remove the "reporting" element from that podlings.xml file.

In other words: When do we officially stop reporting to the incubator? Is that immediately done now that the resolution to graduate MetaModel was accepted, or do we have to keep reporting for some period?

Best regards,
Kasper Sørensen

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation

RE: When does a graduated podling stop reporting to Incubator?

Posted by "Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH)" <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Once a podling graduates it reports to the board as a TLP not the IPMC - effective as soon as the resolution is approved by the board.

Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc.
A subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <ka...@HumanInference.com>.
Thanks!
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Kasper Sørensen
<ka...@humaninference.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on the graduation process of Apache MetaModel and am wondering what this means [1]:
>

>   *   After your project has finished reporting to the Incubator, then remove the "reporting" element from that podlings.xml file.
>
> In other words: When do we officially stop reporting to the incubator? Is that immediately
> done now that the resolution to graduate MetaModel was accepted, or do we have to keep
> reporting for some period?

The very next month after the one in which resolution was accepted you have
to stop reporting to the Incubator and send your first report to the ASF board.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: When does a graduated podling stop reporting to Incubator?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.