Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Alexandre Gomes <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/03 00:18:48 UTC

Error opening socket

I'm trying to use Derby with a web application running on Tomcat. The
Tomcat process is running as root user. I'm using the derbyclient.jar
driver. What should be the cause of my problem?

Exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to
server localhost on port 1527 with message : nullError Code: -4499

thank you,
Alexandre

Re: Error opening socket

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Alexandre Gomes wrote:
> I'm trying to use Derby with a web application running on Tomcat. The
> Tomcat process is running as root user. I'm using the derbyclient.jar
> driver. What should be the cause of my problem?
>
> Exception: org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException:
> java.security.PrivilegedActionException : Error opening socket to
> server localhost on port 1527 with message : nullError Code: -4499
>
> thank you,
> Alexandre

Hi Alexandre -
There may be other causes of this but this is the message when the
client attempts to connect but the Network Server has not been started.
Can you ping the Network Server?  Do the messages in the console window
show that it has started properly?

Re: Error opening socket

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I am just now working on this bug so that the underlying error can be
revealed :(  It is not actually a security exception; it is that an
exception was encountered when running in a privileged block.  The
underlying exception's message is "null" but we can't tell (until I fix
this bug) what the underlying exception class is.

Are you sure that you are running a network server on port 1527?