Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Beyer,Nathan" <NB...@cerner.com> on 2001/11/01 23:48:05 UTC

Returning in/out parameters

The RPC convention laid out in the SOAP specification mentions in/out
parameters being returned in a Response, but I can't find any documentation
or reference to doing this using Apache SOAP. How do I get a particular
parameter to be returned along side the return value? Is this even possible
with the SOAP or Axis toolkit?

Thanks.
-Nathan
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.

Re: Returning in/out parameters

Posted by jyothi <jy...@india.softalia.com>.
Hi Nathan,
               Apache Soap2.2 is not having support for in/out parameters
but axis has support for in/out parameters. Axis supports this by having
holders for each in/out parameter. This holders hold the data that is
being sent to the server and received from the server as response.
For soap implementation in java there is other toolkit also that supports
in/out parameter. It is wasp-lite by www.systinet.com or www.idoox.com .
Hope this helps.

Namaste,
Jyothi