Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Madesclair Vivian <vm...@sopragroup.com> on 2009/07/03 16:56:34 UTC

Maven compilation java 1.3

Hi,

I am now testing HTTPMarshaler. I saw there is an exemple on servicemix
website. And I succeeded in having a very simple marshaler working
(forwarding a constant message). However, now I am trying to implement a
marshaler converting HTTP headers to JBI message properties. And upon
compilation ("mvn clean install") of my SA, maven tells me (see output
at the end of my mail) that my code is incompatible with -source1.3. Is
smx working only with source 1.3? I don't understand why maven is using
that option. If smx is alright with 1.5, where can I configure this?

By the way, I found this page
(http://cwiki.apache.org/SM/discussion-forums.html#nabble-td19543064)
advising on the conversion of headers to properties. But is there
anywhere I can find official documentation about this? About marshalers,
forwarding property to them (I don't understand how the piece of xml can
work and fill the list in the class) and about xbeans.xml (what can we
put in there, especially under the <bean> tag).

Best Regards,
Vivian

Maven Output :

[INFO] Compilation failure

C:\Work\Fuse-ESB-3.4.0.2\components\myJBI\AV-Mail-v1.00\av-http-consumer
-su\src\main\java\com\sopragroup\mp\esb\esb\HTTPMarshaler.java:[27,13]
generics are not supported in -source 1.3(use -source 5 or higher to
enable generics)
        private List<String> headers;

C:\Work\Fuse-ESB-3.4.0.2\components\myJBI\AV-Mail-v1.00\av-http-consumer
-su\src\main\java\com\sopragroup\mp\esb\esb\HTTPMarshaler.java:[60,27]
for-each loops are not supported in -source 1.3(use -source 5 or higher
to enable for-each loops)
        for (String header : headers) {

RE: Maven compilation java 1.3

Posted by Madesclair Vivian <vm...@sopragroup.com>.
Hi Dave,

I had no maven-compiler-plugin in my pom.xml
I added your piece of code and the compilation worked fine. Thank you!

Vivian

Maybe check in your pom.xml that the maven compiler plugin is set to 1.5 or greater..

  <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.5</source>
                    <target>1.5</target>