Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by sa...@transport.qld.gov.au on 2000/11/15 07:49:15 UTC

Xalan for OS390

G'Day from Down Under (Australia),

We are desperately searching for an XSLT processor which will run on IBM's OS390
Platform. Ideally it should run under native OS390, but if forced we could look
at running it under OS390 Unix System Services (USS).

Basically, we have a batch process which reads XML from DB2, then needs to apply
some XSL to it to produce flat file extracts. We've got the XML working, started
coding up the XSL, but alas - no XSL Processor which we can integrate into our
application. HELP!

We can't believe that we are 'bleeding edge' on this. Surely someone has done
this somewhere! Can you please help us out. We are willing and able. Essentially
we are hoping that you could assist in our attempt to port Xalan to OS390...

We are in the process of installing the XML Toolkit for OS390 from IBM which is
based on their XML4C 3.1.1 parser, which I understand to be (a wrappered)
version of the Xerces 1.1 parser (certainly the libraryies contain dll's such as
- libxerces-c1_1.dll).

Your feedback and or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sam Higgins (Application Architect)
Queensland (Department Of) Transport
477 Boundary Road
SPRING HILL QLD 4000
Australia.

Ph:  +61 7 38345503
Fx:  +61 7 38348056
Em:  mailto:sam.z.higgins@transport.qld.gov.au

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.