Posted to users@maven.apache.org by RustamAbd <ru...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/09 16:47:55 UTC

How to compile a plugin and use it in the same project?

I have the following project structure:

parent
+ my-plugin
+ my-jar

How can I use my-plugin during building of my-jar, without having to install
my-plugin first?

Simply specifying it as a dependency doesn't work...

Please someone help...

Rusty

Re: How to compile a plugin and use it in the same project?

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
There are some ways to do it, e.g., by configuring extensions, but my
sincere suggestion is to separate them to different reactors. Having
them in same reactor can lead to updation of the plugin jar in local
maven repo while it is opened for reading and that will cause JDK to bomb.