Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Harrie Hazewinkel <ha...@jrc.it> on 2000/01/05 15:24:57 UTC

mod snmp

HI all,

I recently saw various messages about doing things
like IPv6, EAPI, status board or other major changes.
The advice was to do them now so that can be embedded
in 2.0. What about an SNMP module. Is there interest
to get it into 2.0??

Harrie
O---------------------------------------------------------O
 mailto:harrie@libero.it
   http://digiland.iol.it/HarrieHazewinkel
  phone: +39-0331974135
 postal: via Galilei 13, 21018 Sesto Calende (VA), Italy
O---------------------------------------------------------O

Re: mod snmp

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
> Should I make a start with the latest version??

(http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache-2.0/apache-2.0_20000105171339.tar.gz

Yes.

> Or should I take the latest version from apr, nspr??
Nope, those trees are dead.

> Is the framework (overall code) more or less stable??
Yes

> Does any one fore see big changes??
I do not, however you know how open source projects go :-)

> Are there also pointers of how to make modules upgrades??
Just look at some of the existing modules. It is pretty straignt forward. If
you do initialization, you'll need to add a static variable to keep from
initializing more than once (the initialization hook is now called two
times).

Bill Stoddard

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

Re: mod snmp

Posted by Harrie Hazewinkel <ha...@libero.it>.
Hi,

After some positive words. :-))

> YES!!! A thousand times, yes.  :-)
> I sure think it's a good thing.

Should I make a start with the latest version??
(http://dev.apache.org/from-cvs/apache-2.0/apache-2.0_20000105171339.tar.gz

Or should I take the latest version from apr, nspr??
Is the framework (overall code) more or less stable??
Does any one fore see big changes??
Are there also pointers of how to make modules upgrades??

Any small help is apreciated.

Re: mod snmp

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.

Re: mod snmp