Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by AJIT RAJWADE <aj...@veritas.com> on 2002/06/05 08:49:13 UTC

Finding number of occurrences of a given word in a document using LUCENE

I am currently facing a difficulty...how do I find the number of occurrences of a particular word in a certain document. Currently, I get some value called as score which is difficult to interpret. I was told to use an interface called TermDocs...any more tips?

Thanks,
Ajit

Re: Finding number of occurrences of a given word in a document using LUCENE

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I never needed to use this, but it looks like you can call
IndexReader's termDocs(Term) method.
That will give you TermDocs, which has a freq() method that may do what
you need.

Otis