Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by vpotluri <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/17 21:00:01 UTC

workbook.close() with apache poi

Hi,
   We have an application which opens an excel and he writes the data to the
cells of the excel and closes the excel by itself..We used to use JXL to do
this kind of work but JXL is no good for excel 2010 so I've updated to use
Apache POI instead to use XSSFWorkbook.. I'm able to replace all the
functions of JXL successfully with Apache POI except workbook.close()
function of JXL.  Is there a way to close the workbook by its self after the
work is done using the apache poi, I looked in apache workbook api and I
tried to google around but I dont see any thread explaining this.. You're
help will be greatly appreciated. By the way I'm using POI-3.6

Regards,
Vijay P

Re: workbook.close() with apache poi

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
There is no close() method defined for the Workbook object. If you are
wanting to save the changes you have made away to disc then just call the
workbook's write() method and pass an OutputStream to it.

Yours

Mark B