Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by ehenson <eh...@gartman.com> on 2013/04/04 00:16:25 UTC

TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

I'm having an issue with consuming a CFX SOAP service on an IBM i version 7.1
using its J9 JVM JDK 7.IBM does not include the com.sun.org.apache.* classes
like Oracle has included.I have an PMR with IBM and they have
responded:/"The only com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/dom classes we
include in JDK 7 are the following:(all found in
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk70/32bit/jre/lib/xml.jar
)com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/dom/CoreDocumentImpl.class
com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/dom/DOMImplementationSourceImpl.class
com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/dom/DOMXSImplementationSourceImpl.classcom/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/dom/DocumentImpl.class
The only ElementNSImpl.class file we have is in a different package.
org/apache/xerces/dom rather thancom/sun/org/apache/xerces/internal/domFound
in /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk70/32bit/jre/lib/xml.jar as
org/apache/xerces/dom/ElementNSImpl.class"/What JARs should I include in my
project to make up the difference in the respect of TomEE?  I am using Maven
for my project management if this helps any.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
This should get you started:

   1. In the Administration Console select *Servers*
   2. Expand *Server Type* and select* WebSphere application servers *
   3. Click on the name of your server
   4. Expand *Java and Process Management* and select* Process Definition.*
   5. Under the *Additional Properties* section, click *Java Virtual
   Machine.*
   6. Scroll down and locate the textbox for *Generic JVM arguments*.

Cheers
Daniel

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by ehenson <eh...@gartman.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by jjerome <jj...@hcssupport.com>.
Instead of using a systems.property file I did this and it resolved the
issue:

  if (System.getProperty("java.vendor").equals("IBM Corporation")) {
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory",

"com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory",

"com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPFactory1_1Impl");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPConnectionFactory",

"com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MetaFactory",

"com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl");

            //Default to the SUN RI
            } else {
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory",

"com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPFactory",
            	 "com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPFactory1_1Impl");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPConnectionFactory",

"com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory");
            	System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MetaFactory",
            	 "com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl");
            }

Thanks

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by ehenson <eh...@gartman.com>.
So far everything is running great.  This issue was my first major issue.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Henson
Gartman Systems

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
That's the JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6109

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Maybe this is related to:

I.e. it's a CXF issue in the first place.

Cheers
Daniel

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 on IBM i J9 JDK 7.

Posted by dsh <da...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

we need a full stacktrace, logs etc. to analyze the issue any further. The
IBM JDK packages Apache Xerces/Xalan and thus by nature there won't be any
com.sun.* packages provided. We had similar issues in the past where
support for non com.sun.* packages (e.g. if not running inside a Sun/Oracle
JVM) had to be configured separately:

Cheers
Daniel