Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si> on 2012/09/17 12:52:06 UTC

Trying to get started on Bloodhound development

Hello,

I am looking to join the Bloodhound community to help out.
For now I am doing some digging around installation-running-code
changes-deploy cycle.

When following the
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing document I
found a bit of inconsistency between the document and my results trying to
follow it. It suggests that the source is placed in
installer/bloodhound/src where it can be tweaked with.
In my case, I only get source for external modules but not for the
Bloodhound itself. Probably just a missinformation in document or am I
doing something wrong?

Also, If you have some beginner's task at hand that could be a side product
of my Bloodhound explorations, let me know.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard (Was: Re: Trying to get started on Bloodhound development)

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
Peter,

welcome to the project!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the UI philosophy, I spent some time on this in the past and would be more than happy to extend the documentation where it falls short and answer any of your questions.

You can find the initial Email thread discussing the topic in the mailing list archives, called Bloodhound UI basics and started on Tue, 31 Jan, 14, 17:07 and continues in on February 1st.

There is also a UI section in the Bloodhound Wiki.

Cheers,
Joe

Posted by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>.

#187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard (Was: Re: Trying to get started on Bloodhound development)

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Peter,

So, it does seem a little difficult to scan for suitable tickets. I
imagine that https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/187 should be

    #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard

    ..because 'More' buttons exist for both the 'My tickets' and 'Active
    Tickets' sections, and the pagination links on Active Tickets only link to

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Peter,