Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2002/09/16 06:14:14 UTC

scarab.werken.com/issues.apache.org/bugzilla

Hi,

Can someone please clarify which issue tracking system is to be used for
which projects - we currently have several choices: bugzilla,
issues.apache.org and scarab.werken.com (I won't mention jira.werken.com -
oops, I did ;-).

I see that the Torque Project Info page has been updated to refer to the new
Scarab instance at werken.com.  Is it intended that this instance will be
used for all Turbine projects or is it just for Torque?  I understand from
Stephen H. that the OBJ guys are using the issues.apache.org Scarab
instance, but I thought the rest of the Turbine projects were also going to
switch to the werken.com instance.  If this is the case then can we please
have the relevant project.xml files updated and the necessary modules
created in scarab.werken.com?  For clarity it would also be great if the
bugzilla and issues.apache.org Scarab instance could somehow make it obvious
that they should no longer be used for these projects (I haven't looked, but
I am assuming there are moddules, etc. defined that should no longer be
used) - is this possible?

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: scarab.werken.com/issues.apache.org/bugzilla

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
>
> Bugzilla is now closed for bug entry for the turbine project.
> Can someone announce this on general, and the turbine mailinglists?
Will do.

> Mvgr,
> Martin

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>
>
> Put out a vote for this I think before disabling bug entry in issues. (I
> have the access rights to do that), but I won't disable it just because
> I read a mail ;). If there is already a vote about this, please send me
> the link to the archives.
> BTW 33 bugs are still new in bugzilla..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin

Martin,

The following link is the thread that provided the impetus for setting up
the scarab.werken.com instance.  My interpretation of the thread is that
there was a vote on using the new scarab install for torque, but that this
does not follow through to the other projects that fall under the "turbine"
umbrella.

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listId=99&by=thread&from=230
286

I will shortly submit a proposal for vote that will seek to put a plan in
place to tidy up the issue tracking for all "turbine" projects.

Cheers,

Scott

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

Posted by Stephen Haberman <st...@chase3000.com>.