Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/10/28 16:05:59 UTC

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0 Released

Below is a draft of the 0.3.0 announcement.  Please nit-pick.  I'd like
to get this out today as it is already a bit late.

To: announce@apache.org
To: announce@hadoop.apache.org
To: dev@knox.incubator.apache.org

The Apache Knox community is proud to announce the release of the Apache
Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0

The Apache Knox Gateway is a perimeter security solution for Hadoop REST
interfaces.  It provides a simple and extensible model for securing
access to many of Hadoop core and ecosystem REST APIs.

Please visit our project website to learn more about the Apache Knox
Gateway and how to download and use it to secure your Hadoop clusters at
the permitter.

http://knox.incubator.apache.org/

The highlights for the 0.3.0 release are:

o Secure Hadoop cluster (i.e. Kerberos) integration
o HBase integration (non-Kerberos)
o Hive JDBC integration (non-Kerberos)

Apache Knox PPMC

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0 Released (v2)

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
The Apache Knox community is proud to announce the release of the Apache
Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0

The Apache Knox Gateway is a REST API Gateway for Hadoop with a focus on
enterprise security integration.  It provides a simple and extensible
model for securing access to many of the Hadoop core and ecosystem REST
APIs.  This includes pluggable authentication to LDAP and trusted
identity providers as well as simple service level authorization and
more.  The functionality in this release makes the Apache Knox Gateway
an ideal perimeter security solution for your Hadoop REST API access.

Please visit our project website to learn more about the Apache Knox
Gateway and how to download and use it to secure your Hadoop clusters at
the perimeter.

http://knox.incubator.apache.org/

The highlights for the 0.3.0 release are:

o Secure Hadoop cluster (i.e. Kerberos) integration
o HBase integration (non-Kerberos)
o Hive JDBC integration (non-Kerberos)
o Simple ACL based Service Level Authorization

Apache Knox PPMC

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Okay, I rewrote the description a bit to reflect perimeter security as as
aspect of this release rather than the focus of the project and also made
the REST API gateway and enterprise security integration more of the
emphasis. What do you think:

To: announce@apache.org
To: announce@hadoop.apache.org
To: dev@knox.incubator.apache.org

http://knox.incubator.apache.**org/ <http://knox.incubator.apache.org/>

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Kevin Minder <kevin.minder@hortonworks.com

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.

To: announce@apache.org
To: announce@hadoop.apache.org
To: dev@knox.incubator.apache.org

The Apache Knox community is proud to announce the release of the Apache
Knox Gateway (Incubator) 0.3.0

The Apache Knox Gateway is a perimeter security solution for Hadoop REST
interfaces.  It provides a simple and extensible model for securing
access to many of the Hadoop core and ecosystem REST APIs.  This
includes pluggable authentication and simple service level authorization
as well as other features.

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.