Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Juan Medín Piñeiro <ju...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/15 08:48:38 UTC

JSCookMenu actions in Sun JSF RI + myfaces-extensions

Hi,

       For some reason JSCookMenu is ignoring the actions assigned to the
NavigationMenuItem's. I'm using Sun RI (RSA 6.0 distribution) and the
myfaces-extensions.jar.

       Converting the POSTto a GET (just to know what is being sent), this
is the string:

http://localhost:8080/testApp/faces/index.jsp?autoScroll=&jscook_action=formIndex__id0_menu%3AtestOption

       "testOption" is the action, so it's being sent without problems.

       The relevant parts of faces-config.xml are:

   <navigation-rule>
       <from-view-id> * </from-view-id>
       <navigation-case>
           <from-outcome>test</from-outcome>
           <to-view-id>/testpage.jsp</to-view-id>
       </navigation-case>
   </navigation-rule>

   <navigation-rule>
       <from-view-id> * </from-view-id>
       <navigation-case>
               <to-view-id>/whateverSelected.jsp</to-view-id>
       </navigation-case>
   </navigation-rule>

Please notice that the second rule should be executed in any case.
Well, the browser just reloads the current page every time I select an
option in the menu. JSCookMenu ignores both rules.Looks like the menu
isn't aware of the config file.

       Could anyone confirm that JSCookMenu actions work without problems in
Sun JSF RI + myfaces-extensions? Is there anything else I should add
to the web.xml besides the extensions filter?

Thanks in advance,

       - Juan