Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2006/05/24 22:10:47 UTC

Having trouble with creating an ASO

I'm trying the following in my hivemind.xml:
<contribution configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
	  <state-object name="user-data" scope="session">
		<invoke-factory
object="instance:org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.NamedClassStateObjectFactory,className=com.ifactory.cms.UserData" />
	  </state-object>
</contribution>

and I'm getting a NPE in NamedClassStateObjectFactory:

    public Object createStateObject()
    {
        try
        {
            Class c = _classResolver.findClass(_className); !!!! NPE IS
HERE

            return c.newInstance();
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            throw new
ApplicationRuntimeException(StateMessages.unableToInstantiateObject(
                    _className,
                    ex), getLocation(), ex);
        }
    }

But before I was doing it this way with no problem:

	<contribution configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
	  <state-object name="user-data" scope="session">
	  	<invoke-factory object="service:UserDataFactory" />
	  </state-object>
	</contribution>

  <service-point id="UserDataFactory"
interface="org.apache.tapestry.engine.state.StateObjectFactory">
  	<invoke-factory service-id="hivemind.BuilderFactory">
  		<construct class="UserDataFactory" />
    </invoke-factory>
  </service-point>

Where UserDataFactory just extended NamedClassStateObjectFactory and set
className. Any suggestions?

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer