Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by galo <ga...@last.fm> on 2007/03/06 18:40:06 UTC

Time after snapshot is "visible" on the slave

Hi,

I've been testing index replication and after snappulling and installing
the latest version of the master index, if i run a query on the slave i
don't get any results back (tried a commit in despair, which didn't work
either). If I restart the web server (tomcat) then it works.

Am I missing any steps or just being too impatient sending queries?

Cheers

--
Galo Navarro, Developer

galo@last.fm
t. +44 (0)20 7780 7080

Last.fm | http://www.last.fm
Karen House 1-11 Baches Street
London N1 6DL

http://www.last.fm/user/galeote

Re: Time after snapshot is "visible" on the slave

Posted by galo <ga...@last.fm>.
Yep, the snapinstaller was failing and it was the same problem as Jeff
posted this morning about bin/optimize, but this time with bin/commit,
not using ${webapp_name}.

I fixed that and worked normally.  I've submitted a bug to JIRA as I
think Jeff didn't submit it yet

Mm now I see your other email.. oh well..

Thanks for your help,

Posted by Graham Stead <gs...@ieee.org>.
I forgot to mention that the admin page (solr/admin/stats.jsp) is an
excellent way to see when the last searcher was opened. After running
commit, you should see update to the openedAt and registeredAt timestamps,
e.g.,:

openedAt : Tue Mar 06 08:14:19 PST 2007
registeredAt : Tue Mar 06 08:15:55 PST 2007

If you have added documents, you'll numDocs and/or maxDoc change as well.

If you don't see these update then something isn't right. If you see them
update but cannot find your documents in the index, then your indexing
process may not be working correctly.

Hope this helps,
-Graham

PS: If you are running replication with multiple solr instances, your
problem may be caused by a simple bug in the commit, optimize, and
readercycle scripts. Replace the /solr/ in the curl statement with
${webapp_name}:

From:
rs=`curl http://${solr_hostname}:${solr_port}/solr/update -s -d "<commit/>"`

To:
rs=`curl http://${solr_hostname}:${solr_port}/${webapp_name}/update -s -d
"<commit/>"`

I haven't had time to commit these bug fixes yet.

RE: Time after snapshot is "visible" on the slave