Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de> on 2001/05/10 17:08:57 UTC

Is response.getServletOutputStream().flush() working

Hi,

subject says it all, but an explanation is missing, of course.
I am talking about TomCat 3.2.1, my observation is this:

  - response.getServletOutputStream() is actually
    org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.flush()

  - This method is calling
    org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.reallyFlush()

  - This method is calling
    org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletOutputStream.doWrite()

  - This method is calling
    org.apache.tomcat.core.ResponseImpl.doWrite()

which is simply appending the collected bytes to the body()
variable. A flush() operation doesn't actually occur.

Please tell me, if there's something wrong with my observation.
If not: Where is the body content actually written?

Thanks in advance,

Jochen