Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Qinglan Li <li...@cmich.edu> on 2001/11/07 21:09:44 UTC

How to run Tomcat as Windows NT Service

Hi,

I want to run Tomcat 3.2.3 as service in my Windows NT 4.0 Workstation.
I use regedit to add it in services list, but Windows cannot run it
since the startup command is a .bat file. How can I start a service
from .bat file?

Thanks a lot,

Laura

Re: How to run Tomcat as Windows NT Service

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

> I want to run Tomcat 3.2.3 as service in my Windows NT 4.0 Workstation.
> I use regedit to add it in services list, but Windows cannot run it
> since the startup command is a .bat file. How can I start a service
> from .bat file?

Under Windows NT, you cannot run a batch file as a service. You can run as
service a programm written to be executed as service, implementing some
functions for service mangement. I see 2 solutions:
- read other discussion thread about jk_nt_service.exe
- use a programm as SRVANY that can be used to run any program as a service

Hop this help

Xavier