Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by "Manaster, Carl" <Ca...@ACTIVX.com> on 2006/03/10 17:40:38 UTC

Why do BaseObject and its grandchldren implement Persistent?

Hi,

I'm trying to begin to understand Torque.  I "get" the BaseX / X model,
and I appreciate it.  I looked at one of my X classes and noticed that
it is declared to implement Persistent, although it (as yet) has no
body.  So I figured the implementation must be back in the hierarchy a
ways, perhaps spread over a few ancestors.  As it turns out, BaseObject
not only implements Persistent, but is actually declared to implement it
as well.

So my X, which is-a BaseX, which is-a BaseObject, is known to the system
to implement Persistent without any statement in its class definition to
that effect.  So, why is the declaration there?

Thanks.

Peace,
--Carl