Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "George A. Francis" <Ge...@radintl.com> on 2009/04/23 19:11:20 UTC

JCR Size bloat

Our JCR repo is bloated to a size of 3GB.  Looking into it, I found that
there seem to be thousands of entries in /jcr:system/jcr:versionStorage
that are orphaned, ie: they refer to items that were removed from the
repository.  I was told that these history items couldn't be deleted
from the repo (when I try I get a JCR exception).  How can these
orphaned history nodes be removed?
Regards,
George

--
George Francis
RAD International Ltd.

the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this
email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
this email.

Re: JCR Size bloat

Posted by Cédric Damioli <ce...@anyware-tech.com>.
Hi,

We get the same issue for each of our projects.
If you look at JCR-134 in the Jackrabbit JIRA
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-134) you'll see a patch
attempting to solve this issue by automatically removing orphaned and
empty VersionHistories.
As far as I know, the patch have not been reviewed yet.
You may comment the issue if you also want the fix to be applied soon.

Regards,
Cédric

--
Cédric Damioli
Ametys product manager

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (le "Message") sont confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
Toute modification, édition, utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite.
Anyware Technologies et sa maison mère Wavecom déclinent toute responsabilité au titre de ce Message s'il a été altéré, déformé, falsifié ou édité, diffusé sans autorisation.