Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/09/18 10:32:56 UTC

[SUMMARY] Re: issues with javascript

A colleague helped me to solve it out (form validator and set focus on first
erroneous input text). So this means that the javascript is surrounded with
<xsl:text/> and that the hack here is to use a javascript variable that
exists once a field is incorrect. My text inputs have complicated names you
see... like AAA_BBB.

Babs

 <!-- if error element -->
        <error when="error">
         <xsl:attribute name="name">
          <xsl:value-of select="../@Id"/>_<xsl:value-of
select="@Name"/></xsl:attribute>
          <xsl:value-of select="/page/errormessage">
        </error>

        <input type="text" size="{$textfieldsize}" value="{$defaultvalue}">

         <xsl:attribute name="name">
          <xsl:value-of select="../@Id"/>_<xsl:value-of
select="@Name"/></xsl:attribute>
         <xsl:attribute name="id">
          <xsl:value-of select="../@Id"/>_<xsl:value-of
select="@Name"/></xsl:attribute>
        </input>
        <!-- set focus on first incorrect field -->
        <error when="error">
         <xsl:attribute name="name">
          <xsl:value-of select="../@Id"/>_<xsl:value-of
select="@Name"/></xsl:attribute>
         <!-- put here so the input is loaded first -->
         <script language="javascript">
          <xsl:text>if (error==null) document.form.</xsl:text>
          <xsl:value-of select="../@Id"/>
          <xsl:text>_</xsl:text>
          <xsl:value-of select="@Name"/>
          <xsl:text>.focus();</xsl:text>