Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by JAGANADH G <ja...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/24 15:56:37 UTC

Trouble in installing Hbase

Hi All

I was trying to install CDH3 Hhase in Fedora14 .
It gives the following error. Any solution to resolve this
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package hadoop-hbase-0.90.1+8-1.noarch
/usr/bin/install: invalid user `hbase'
/usr/bin/install: invalid user `hbase'
error: %pre(hadoop-hbase-0.90.1+8-1.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping
hadoop-hbase-0.90.1+8-1

Failed:
  hadoop-hbase.noarch
0:0.90.1+8-1

Complete!
[root@linguist hexp]#

--
JAGANADH G

Re: Trouble in installing Hbase

Posted by James Seigel <ja...@tynt.com>.
You probably should ask on the cloudera support forums as cloudera has
for some reason changed the users that things run under.

James

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the typos.