Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/15 14:39:59 UTC

[BLOG POST] Gremlin DSLs in Java with DSE Graph

Some of you have been on the mailing list long enough to remember the
"Developing a DSL in Gremlin" blog post for TinkerPop 2.x. Of course, that
approach was quite Groovy-oriented and didn't work well with TinkerPop 3.x.
I've been asked many times to update that blog post and now that we have a
defined method for doing DSLs as of 3.2.5, it seemed time to do that:

https://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/gremlin-dsls-in-java-with-dse-graph

It uses DSE Graph and the DataStax Academy KillrVideo dataset to
demonstrate how it all works, but obviously the pattern will work for any
TinkerPop-enabled graph. For more information, you can also review the
TinkerPop reference documentation which describes DSL development in detail:

http://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/reference/#dsl

I hope you all enjoy the post.

Take care,

Stephen